Family Friendly Employer
Employers For Childcare aims to make it easier for parents with dependent children to get into work and stay in work. To help with this, our 2017 Manifesto outlines a key ask: ‘Encourage the use of Family Friendly Working Policies’.
Our Striking the Balance report, launched in 2015, clearly shows the difficulties parents face in reaching a suitable work-life balance – 91% of respondents commented that it is difficult to combine work commitments with family responsibilities, while 77% agreed that it was more difficult to progress or develop a career after having children. On a positive note, employees with supportive employers were more satisfied with their work-life balance. The benefits of supporting employees to help reach this balance include increased productivity, staff motivation and loyalty – a win-win for employers and employees.
Learn below about some of the ways Employers For Childcare can support employers who wish to develop or advance their family friendly working policies.
Family Friendly Employer Blog
Learn from previous winners of the Family Friendly Employer Awards:
- how family friendly initiatives benefit their organisation
- why they applied to the Family Friendly Employer Awards and how winning benefits their organisation
- their plans for future family friendly policies.
Family Friendly Employer Awards
The Family Friendly Employer Awards, organised by Employers For Childcare, is an annual event to recognise those employers who provide and actively promote family friendly working policies. This is important as:
- 91 % of parents report that it is difficult to combine work commitments with family responsibilities. More than three-quarters of parents find it more difficult to develop a career after having children.
- Employees with supportive employers are more satisfied with their work-life balance. This contributes to increased productivity, staff motivation and loyalty.