Who is Employers For Childcare?
We are a charity which developed from a community project set up in 1998, encouraging employers to implement family friendly policies in the workplace. Our founding Chief Executive identified the barrier that the lack of affordable, quality childcare presents to working parents. Our ethos is to address childcare, not only as a social issue, but also as a labour market and economic issue.
From a community project relying solely on funding, we have grown to be 100% self-financing through our Social Enterprise activities, benefitting Parents, Employers and Childcare Providers.
To make it easier for parents with dependent children to get into work and to stay in work.
Our Mission Statement
We donate 100% profit for social good.
- Integrity and Respect
- Passionate and Professional
- Ethical and Green
Since 2008 we have reinvested £5.2 million into providing services for local families. We provide a free, impartial and confidential Family Benefits Advice Service, we carry out research addressing childcare and work related issues and we lobby local Government to improve support for families.
Through both charitable and social enterprise activities, our impact in the community in 2016/17 has included:
- 13,669 parents using our Childcare Vouchers, collectively saving those parents £10.5 million in childcare costs
- 2,589 employers offering the Childcare Voucher scheme to their staff, collectively saving those employers £4.5 million in National Insurance Contributions
- 6,542 better-off calculations carried out by the Family Benefits Advice Service, with working parents who received a personal benefits check gaining an average of £4,130 in financial support
- publication of the seventh annual Northern Ireland Childcare Cost Survey
- hosting of the Family Friendly Employers Awards and Workshop.
You can read more in our full Social Impact Report.
Get in touch for more information or call 028 9267 8200.
Employers For Childcare is a certified Social Enterprise and a member of Social Enterprise NI, Social Enterprise UK and Senscot.