Who is Employers For Childcare?
We are a charity which developed from a community project set up in 1998, encouraging employers to implement family friendly policies in the workplace. Our founding Chief Executive identified the barrier that the lack of affordable, quality childcare presents to working parents. Our ethos is to address childcare, not only as a social issue, but also as a labour market and economic issue.
From a community project relying solely on funding, we have grown to be 100% self-financing through our Social Enterprise activities, which provides a range of services to Parents, Employers and Childcare Providers.
Since 2008 we have reinvested £4.3 million into providing services for local families. We provide a free, impartial and confidential Family Benefits Advice Service, we carry out research addressing childcare and work related issues and we lobby local Government to improve support for families.
Through both charitable and social enterprise activities, our impact in the local community has included:
- Family Benefits outreach increasing by 121% between 2015 and 2016.
- The provision of a total of 21,339 hours of childcare.
- The provision of training for 370 childcare practitioners, 240 employers and 1,538 parents.
- 12,774 parents using our Childcare Vouchers.
- Collectively saving parents £10 million in childcare costs.
- Collectively saving employers £4 million in National Insurance Contributions.
You can read more in our full Social Impact Report.
Get in touch for more information or call 0800 028 3008.
Employers For Childcare is a certified Social Enterprise and a member of Social Enterprise UK.