Family Friendly Employer Awards
Celebrating best practice in the workplace
Our annual Family Friendly Employer Awards are the perfect opportunity for businesses to showcase their commitment to helping their employees achieve a balance between their work and family lives. Whether it’s through the provision of Childcare Vouchers, flexi-time or even an extra day off work, the Awards recognise and reward those who go above and beyond legal requirements to provide and actively promote family friendly working practices.
The Awards are a great way to not only meet like-minded employers but also provide an opportunity to share best practice advice, inspiration and practical ideas to improve employee welfare. The Awards are sponsored by leading solicitors firm Worthingtons Solicitors who specialise in employment law.
There are five categories:
- Public Sector Organisation
- Large Private Sector Company
- Small Medium Enterprise
- Education Sector Organisation
- Charity or Social Enterprise
This year each category included a Winner and a Highly Commended entry, with one overall winner selected from across all categories. Judging was conducted by a panel which included Maxine Orr from Worthingtons Solicitors, editor of Business First Gavin Walker, Julie Taylor of Integrity NI, Joris Minne of J Comms and Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management at Ulster University, Jeanette Harrison.
The 2016 winners were announced at a special lunch at Galgorm Resort and Spa on Thursday 29 September 2016:
- Public Sector Organisation of the Year – Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (winner), Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon Borough Council (highly commended)
- Large Private Sector Company of the Year – Allstate NI (winner), Lagan Construction Group (highly commended)
- Small Medium Enterprise of the Year – Aisling Daycare (winner), Progressive Building Society and Catalyst Inc (joint highly commended)
- Education Sector Organisation of the Year – Queen’s University Belfast (winner), Aisling Daycare (highly commended)
- Charity Social Enterprise of the Year – MACS NI (winner), NI Hospice (highly commended)
The Awards will be followed by an annual Workshop, a networking breakfast where HR professionals from all industries come together to share best practice advice and listen to examples of family friendly workplace policies implemented by the Family Friendly Employer Award winners.
The next Family Friendly Employer Workshop will be held at Galgorm Resort and Spa on Thursday 2 March 2017.
Get in touch for more information or call 0800 028 3008.