Social Impact Report 2015/16
The social impact of our work in 2015/16
Our first Social Impact Report showcases each of our services and aims to shine a light not only on what we do as an organisation but, more importantly, on the impact that our work has on parents, on children, on the economy and on society as a whole.
The Report outlines the key successes of both our Charitable Services and the Social Enterprises that fund the organisation.
Some of the highlights from the report:
- We carried out 4,053 better off calculations for parents through the Family Benefits Advice Service.
- We helped working parents who contacted us for a personal benefits check to gain an average of £3,899 in benefits.
- We published the seventh annual Northern Ireland Childcare Cost Survey.
- We hosted the Family Friendly Employers Awards and Workshop.
- In total our Childcare Voucher scheme delivered savings of £14 million for parents and employers.
- We provided a total of 21, 339 hours of childcare through the Childcare Solutions Social Enterprise.
- Last year we trained a total of 2748 childcare professionals, employees and parents.
- Since 2008 we have invested £4.3 million into providing services for working families.
The report concludes with a list of suggestions of how you can help us to continue to provide our services, whether you are a parent, employer, childcare provider, policy maker or another organisation.