Social Impact Report 2016/17
We saved families over £14.8 million in 2016/17
Our Social Impact Report highlights what we do as an organisation and the impact that our work has on parents, on children, on the economy and society as a whole.
We are the only Social Enterprise Childcare Voucher Company in the UK—reinvesting 100% of the profit made from our social enterprise into our charitable work, which aims to help parents with dependent children get in to work and stay in work.
Since 2008, as a result of parents and employers choosing to ‘buy social’ and use Employers For Childcare to administer their Childcare Voucher Scheme, not only have they saved money, but they have enabled us to invest £5.2 million into helping working families across the UK.
Some of the highlights from 2016/17:
- Callers to our Family Benefits Advice Service who received a calculation collectively saved more than £14.8 million.
- We completed more than 6,500 better-off calculations for parents, delivered 473 outreach sessions and helped over 10,400 people.
- In total our Childcare Voucher scheme delivered savings of £15 million for parents and employers across the UK.
- For every new employee signed up to use Employers For Childcare Vouchers, we were able to provide 17 telephone calls for parents contacting our free, impartial and confidential helpline.
- We published 2 research reports and had more than 15 meetings with MPs and MLAs to advocate on behalf of parents, illustrate the challenges they face and keep decision-makers informed on them.
- We maintained more than 20 factsheets, informing parents and employers on childcare and work-related issues.
- We hosted the Family Friendly Employer Awards which had more than double the applications and attendees than in the previous year.