Social Impact Report 2019/20
Our Social Impact Report highlights what we do as an organisation and the positive impact that our work has on parents, children, the economy and society as a whole. We are the only Social Enterprise Childcare Voucher Company in the UK – reinvesting 100% of the profit made from our social enterprise activities into our charitable work, which includes our Family Benefits Advice Service, research and campaigning.
In the 20 years since Employers For Childcare was established by our Chief Executive, Marie Marin, we have invested £6.8 million into helping working families. This year, over 120,000 people engaged with our charity’s services, in person, online or by telephone and we directly helped over 8,000 people, identifying £12.6 million in additional financial support for parents across the UK.
In November 2019, we opened our latest Social Enterprise – High Rise, an indoor adventure centre featuring a Clip ‘n Climb arena, soft play area, café and Sensory and Quiet Rooms. 100% of the profits from High Rise are invested in our charity, to support parents. High Rise is currently closed, as a result of COVID-19, but will reopen in 2021.
Some of the highlights from 2019/20:
- We invested almost £200,000 in our charity through our Social Enterprise activities.
- We identified collective financial support of almost £12.6 million for those supported by our Family Benefits Advice Service.
- We supported parents, employers and childcare providers with the challenges of COVID-19. offering advice and guidance through our Freephone helpline.
- Our Childcare Voucher scheme delivered savings of £12.5 million for working parents and employers across the UK.
- Clients who received a personalised benefits check identified an average of £4,267 in financial support.
- We opened High Rise – a new Social Enterprise indoor adventure centre and welcomed over 15,000 climbers to Clip ‘n Climb, 6,000 little ones to soft play and over 1,000 guests to use our innovative Sensory and Quiet Rooms – in addition to hosting almost 500 parties and corporate events.