Social Impact Report 2018/19
Our Social Impact Report highlights what we do as an organisation and the positive impact that our work has on parents, children, the economy and society as a whole. We are the only Social Enterprise Childcare Voucher Company in the UK – reinvesting 100% of the profit made from our social enterprise activities into our charitable work, which includes our Family Benefits Advice Service, research and campaigning.
In the 20 years since Employers For Childcare was established by our Chief Executive, Marie Marin, we have invested £6.7 million into helping working families. Our charity’s Family Benefits Advice Service has provided free, impartial and confidential advice to almost 100,000 parents on the wide range of financial support they may be entitled to, particularly with the cost of childcare. As a result, we have identified collective financial support of £66 million for families across the UK.
This year, we opened our latest Social Enterprise – High Rise, an indoor adventure centre featuring a Clip ‘n Climb arena, soft play area, café and Sensory and Quiet Rooms. 100% of the profits from High Rise will be invested in our charity, to support parents.
Some of the highlights from 2018/19:
- We invested almost £500,000 in our charity through our Social Enterprise activities.
- We identified collective financial support of almost £10.4 million for those supported by our Family Benefits Advice Service.
- For every £1 invested in our charity, we identified a direct saving for parents of almost £21.
- Our Childcare Voucher scheme delivered savings of £16 million for working parents and employers across the UK.
- Clients who received a personalised benefits check identified an average of £3,499 in financial support.
- We invested £2.5 million in High Rise – a new Social Enterprise indoor adventure centre.