Social Impact Report 2017/18
Almost £1m invested into our charity this year
Our Social Impact Report highlights what we do as an organisation and the impact that our work has on parents, on children, on the economy and society as a whole. It shows how we are making a difference to the lives of the thousands of families we work for and with across the UK – whether that is supporting unemployed parents back into the workforce, or identifying vital savings for working parents who are paying for childcare.
Over the past year, our Social Enterprise has generated nearly £1 million which we’ve invested directly into our charity which includes the ‘Family Benefits Advice Service’, lobbying and policy and research work. We are the only Social Enterprise Childcare Voucher Company in the UK – reinvesting 100% of the profit made from our social enterprise into our charitable work.
Since 2008, as a result of parents and employers choosing to ‘buy social’ and use Employers For Childcare to administer their Childcare Voucher Scheme, not only have they saved money, but they have enabled us to invest £6.2 million into helping working families across the UK.
Some of the highlights from 2017/18:
- Callers to our Family Benefits Advice Service who received a calculation collectively saved more than £13.2 million.
- We completed more than 7,500 personal benefits checks for parents, delivered 458 outreach sessions and helped over 13,600 people.
- Clients who received a personal benefits check identified an average of £3,589 in financial support.
- In total our Childcare Voucher scheme delivered savings of over £15 million for parents and employers across the UK.
- For every new employee signed up to use Employers For Childcare Vouchers, we were able to provide 17 advice sessions for parents.
- The annual Family Friendly Employer Awards saw an increase in applications and attendees, reflecting the growing priority being placed by employers on employee wellbeing and work-life balance.