Childcare Vouchers closing: FAQs
The Childcare Voucher scheme is now closed to new entrants as of 4.10.18
Here are some of our most Frequently Asked Questions about the closure of Childcare Vouchers to new entrants, which took effect on 4 October 2018. If you’re a current user, you can continue to use Childcare Vouchers as long as you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You completed a payment from your salary into your Childcare Voucher account before 4 October 2018
- You have a child below the age of 16 (below the age of 17 if your child has a disability)
- Paying into Childcare Vouchers does not take your income below the National Minimum or National Living Wage
- You have not changed employer since 4 October 2018
- You make at least one salary sacrifice in each 52 week period.
Please note: the Childcare Voucher scheme can only be used to pay for registered childcare costs.
If you have any questions regarding Childcare Vouchers, or the closure of the scheme to new entrants, that are not answered here, please contact us directly on 0800 028 3008 and we will be pleased to offer free, impartial and confidential advice.