Income Support – what happens when your youngest child turns 5?


Brenda McShane from the Family Benefits Advice Service explains what happens to parents in receipt of Income Support when their youngest child turns five. Brenda offers advice to those in this situation, which will mean making a new claim for Universal Credit. **Please note, this information is for those in Northern Ireland only, for those in other parts of the UK, information may be different.