Do you rely on grandparents or other family to help with childcare?


Our Family Benefits Advice Service gets asked a lot if there is any financial support available to grandparents or other family members who help with childcare. Chris Briggs from the team outlines how some who are below state pension age may be entitled to claim National Insurance credits – known as “specified adult childcare credits” – towards their state pension, to cover any gaps in contributions.