Belfast Trust is Northern Ireland’s Most Family Friendly Employer
This year’s most family friendly employer in Northern Ireland is the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust. The organisation scooped the award amid a field of more than 40 entries.
The Belfast Trust employs more than 22,000 staff and is one of the largest such trusts in the UK.
Marie Marin, CEO of Employers For Childcare, says winning the overall award is a tribute to the dedication of the trust to its employees.
We are delighted by the Belfast Trust’s achievement. The judges faced a tough challenge as this year the field was tighter than ever. This in itself illustrates the degree to which employers are now committing to the highest possible standards and conditions of employment for staff with caring responsibilities, allowing them to strike a realistic and sustainable work-life balance.
Northern Ireland’s Family Friendly Employers’ Awards have revealed an ever growing number of firms and organisations who have faced the diversity and equality challenges in the work place head on by providing their employees with the best possible work life balances. In its sixth year, the Awards show the commitment being made by a broad range of small enterprises, public sector organisations and larger private sector companies to accommodate its employees.
Firm and organisations across Northern Ireland are increasingly aware of the need to make their places of work as family friendly as possible. It’s not just about being a decent employer; it makes commercial sense and secures the loyalty of staff better than many other incentives.
The Family Friendly Employers Awards were secured in five different categories. The winners of each category are listed below:
- Public Sector Organisation of the Year: Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
- Highly Commended: Armagh City Banbridge & Craigavon Borough Council
- Education Sector Organisation of the Year: Queen’s University Belfast
- Highly Commended: Aisling Daycare & After School
- Small Medium Enterprise of the Year: Aisling Daycare & After School
- Highly Commended: Progressive Building Society and Catalyst Inc.
- Large Private Company of the Year: Allstate
- Highly Commended: Lagan Construction Group
- Social Enterprise/Charity of the Year: MACS
- Highly Commended: Northern Ireland Hospice