Toddler Room Supervisor (Maternity Cover)
Work Time: Full time Monday to Friday. 40 hours
Must be available between the hours of 7am and 6.15pm
Salary: To be discussed
Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children placed in the Day Nursery.
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Manager and to give support to other personnel within the Day Nursery.
- To adhere and enforce all policies and procedures in the Day Nursery
- To assist the Manager and deputise in their absence.
- Risk Assess all aspects of the Nursery to ensure a safe environment for staff, students, volunteers and children
- Review and maintain sufficient supplies and resources within the setting.
- Aged 18 and over
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Childcare & Education or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 1years experience working within a childcare setting
- Experience working with 2-3 age group.
- A valid driving license
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Safe Guarding Training
- Willing to complete your Level 5 Qualification
We are also looking for someone to offer the following…you must…
- Have the passion to help the nursery to work towards attaining All Ireland Centre of Excellence Award
- Have a warm and smiling face that makes every child feel special
- Having the ability to sing in tune is not necessary; however, the ability to sing out of tune in front of a crowd is essential.
- Be able to distribute warm hugs as required.
- Possess the skills required to rapidly count the heads of numerous small moving people.
- Be a good communicator who feels comfortable telling everyone in the same room as them that they are going to the toilet.
- Be comfortable entering public places on the way home from work, with unknown substances on your clothing.
- Be great at pretending to eat play dough creations realistically, and that of drinking numerous cups of pretend tea.
- Have the ability to read a 10 page fairy tale, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page.
- Have a flexible attitude to work
- Be a team Worker
- Be motivated and Inspirational
- (Finally) be prepared to feel loved, special, and important to many young children and their families
To apply and for further details call Kelly-Lee or Aimee at Inkpots on 02828277809 between 8am and 5pm/ Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and we will get back to you.