The Sensory Assistant will facilitate guests to enjoy an immersive sensory experience, benefit from a calm and safe environment and develop their own confidence. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to work directly with individuals with additional needs, their families, carers, and professionals in a fun and rewarding environment.
- Support guests to use the sensory rooms, tailoring equipment to meet their needs, ensuring they have the best possible experience
- Engage with parents, carers and professionals to understand the needs / preferences of guests
- Help develop information and guides to support guests prepare for sessions and get the most out of their visit
- Contribute to marketing activities for the sensory rooms including newsletters articles and information for social media and the website
- Help identify and communicate with parents, carers, groups, charities and schools to raise awareness of the sensory service in High Rise and attract guests
- Support in the development, preparation, and delivery of sensory classes for babies, other training and activities
Please refer to the job description for a full list of duties
- NVQ Level 2 qualification in a relevant discipline such as Educational Support, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), Early Years, Child Development
- Minimum of 6 months experience working with children and/or adults with additional needs
Please refer to the personnel specification for a full list of the essential criteria.
Closing date for receipt of CVs is Wednesday 18 May at 12 noon
If you are interested in applying for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org