Play Work Assistant (Afterschools and Holiday Club)
On behalf of Kids Play Den based on the Ravenhill Road (opposite Cherryvale Play park) we are seeking to recruit an Assistant for After School and Holiday Club on a permanent basis.
15 hours per week
(Children in Session 2pm – 6pm daily)
20 hours – 40 hours per week (Flexible)
(Children in session 8am -6pm daily)
Salary: £9-£11 per hour
Roles and Responsibilities
• To assist with the collection of children from school. Full clean driving licence essential.
• To provide afternoon snack.
• Supervision of homework.
• To set up, maintain and develop the play areas available to provide a range of play opportunities required for the children aged 4 -11 years.
• To be part of a dynamic, fun and creative team who put children at the centre of everything they do.
• To undertake any other duties suitable to such a post as required.
• Aged 18 and over
• NVQ Level 3 in Childcare, Play work or equivalent required.
• Working with children age 4-11 years in a play or club setting within the last 2 years required.
• First Aid, Food Hygiene, Safeguarding and Health and Safety Certificates required.
• Creative, sports, music, cookery, gardening interest/ skills.
• Experience with children with Special Educational Needs and Adverse Childhood Experiences.
You will need to be someone who is passionate about all aspects of childcare, caring and patient at all times, and loves to have fun and play.
We run an in-house art, cookery, science and nature club. So creative ability with a love of the outdoors and exploring is essential to the post. We are not room based, we are always out and about exploring.
If you are interested in applying for this role please forward your CV to email@example.com.
CVs should be returned by 5.00pm on Friday 30 April 2021.