The Old Station Day Care Nursery is a well-established, family run nursery in Dromore. The nursery opened its doors back in 2000 and has continued to grow ever since.
The nursery has a strong and enthusiastic team of around 30 staff and are excited to continue expanding our team.
It is a relatively large nursery located off the A1 Dromore and situated in the old train station.
They care for children aged 6 weeks to 12 years in the following rooms:
- Baby & wobbler room
- Toddler room
- Preschool room
- Junior Playgroup
- Senior Playgroup -Government funded preschool
Afterschool club – includes morning drop off and afterschool collection from surrounding schools.
On behalf of the Old Station Nursery we are currently seeking to recruit a Nursery Assistant on a permanent basis to join their team strong team of childcare providers.
Work Time: Monday-Friday
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide an exceptional level of care to children in the setting
- Create a safe and stimulating environment to promote learning and independence.
- Adhere to all policies operating within the nursery.
- Complete risk assessments when required and ensure daily check sheets are completed.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of activities ensuring that the playroom is appropriately laid out before the session commences and is tidied up after the session ends.
- Observing the progress of each child individually, making observational reports, evaluating the children’s progress, identify concerns
- Operate within the Minimum Standards as set out by the Health and Social Care Trust.
- Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the children in your care.
- Assist children at mealtimes/snack.
- Strive to maintain good relationships with management, colleagues and parents
- 18 years old
- Level 2 qualification in childcare or working towards it.
- Experience working with children
- Level 3 qualification in childcare
- First aid
First Aid and Safeguarding training can be provided.
Applicants should be aware that if successful they will be required to undertake an enhanced Access NI with children’s barred list check and also further checks with the Trust.
To apply for this post please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Completed applications should be returned by 5.00pm on Wednesday 27 December 2023. Applications can be returned by email to email@example.com
The Old Station Nursery are an equal opportunities employer. The aim of our policy is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage, religious belief, political opinion, disability, race, ethnic origin or age. You are therefore asked to complete a monitoring form. Access to this will be strictly controlled and will not be available to those considering your application for employment.