High Rise- Kitchen Assistant
We are recruiting for a Kitchen Assistant for High Rise in Lisburn (based at Altona Road, 5 mins from Sprucefield), who will help towards the smooth running of the kitchen. They will be responsible for ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene, both in working methods and personal hygiene, making sure that the food and equipment in the kitchen is always hygienic and in the right place. They will also help to prepare food ready for use and may be involved in some cooking.
Main responsibilities and duties
- Clean and sanitise the café and kitchen equipment, floors, fridges, coffee machine, and all work surfaces to ensure good hygiene at all times
- Assist suppliers to unload deliveries, checking off incoming food deliveries, unpacking and storing food correctly to comply with health and safety
- Operate the commercial dishwasher and glass-washing machine, loading and unloading when required
- Hand wash kitchen utensils/pots/pans/dishes and storing appropriately
- Collect and dispose of waste keeping refuse areas tidy and ensure the removal of all rubbish on time
- Follow all relevant hygiene, Health & Safety procedures/Safe Working Practice H.A.C.C.P. & C.O.S.H.H
Download the full job description from the top right of this page.
- Relevant experience working within a Kitchen Porter role
- Good communication and listening skills
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety including COSHH and HACCP
- Ability to work flexible, unsocial hours including bank holidays, evenings and weekends.
Please refer to the personnel specification for full details
To apply email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible – immediate start available.
For queries, please call our HR team on 028 9267 8200 or email email@example.com.