Group Financial Controller
Working For Us
Employers For Childcare comprises a successful and award winning social enterprise, currently operating the only social enterprise Childcare Voucher scheme in the UK, alongside a charity offering information and advice on a wide variety of work-related issues. This year the organisation celebrates a decade of being completely self-funded through a range of commercial activities. Employers For Childcare combines a strong business focus with a social purpose and is excited to be embarking upon an innovative new venture in 2018-19 to augment its existing revenue streams.
There has never been a more exciting time to work for this successful, pioneering organisation with our workforce projected to double as our diversification plans unfold. This post will be based in our offices in Lisburn, located five minutes off the M1 and A1 at Sprucefield.
Group Financial Controller
The Group Financial Controller will be a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT). They will be responsible for developing financial plans, budgets, forecasts and analysis to ensure an efficient and cost-effective organisation. They will be involved in the preparation of the company accounts for the current operations and for new and emerging business divisions. They will support the Chief Executive in financial analysis for strategic decision-making purposes and will be responsible for bringing financial leadership and innovation to the Senior Management Team.
In addition to management of the Finance team they will be responsible for overseeing the operations and IT functions of the organisation.
For full details of the role please refer to the Job Description.
- Applicants must be fully qualified accountants (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Strong finance operations experience with a minimum 5 years’ post-qualification experience including.
- Management Accounting experience with a commercial element.
- Experience of producing and presenting robust financial projections with integrated profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Board level reporting and provision of commentary to support decision-making.
- Experience of accountancy and payroll software.
- A minimum 1 years’ operational management experience to include the management of key contracts and SLAs.
- Experience of providing finance advice and strategy across a group of companies in a cohesive commercial manner.
- Experience of and proven track record of staff management.
- Preparing year end accounts for a charity.
- Experience within a leisure or retail environment.
- Track record in managing growth and expanding a group, with commercial and accounting experience, due diligence and the legal or financial documentation of said deals / transactions.
- Experience of set up of a new company to include writing and implementing all financial procedures.
- Experience of Sage 50 Accounts Professional
For the full criteria please refer to the Personnel Specification.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days, increasing to 30 days after 1 years’ service. Bank holidays are in addition to this.
- Company pension
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and sick pay
- Paid dependents’ leave
- Health cash back plan
- Excellent opportunities for career development
For an application pack please contact our HR Department by emailing email@example.com or telephone 028 9267 8200 (option 4).
In the event of a large number of applications, the company reserves the right to enhance its selection criteria in order to facilitate the shortlisting process.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants regardless of religious belief, political opinion, race or ethnic origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Closing date is Monday 3 December at 12 noon.