Job title: Duty Manager
Reporting to: Head of Business Operations
Contract type: Permanent
Contracted hours: 18 hours per week
Working pattern: 9am-6.30pm Saturday and Sunday (occasional overtime available during week days)
Remuneration: £13.50 per hour
The Duty Manager will support the Head of Business Operations with the day to day running of High Rise to achieve our commercial goals. They will be responsible for acting up in the Senior Managers absence. This is a hands-on role and the successful candidate will be required to provide ongoing training and coaching for the staff team and will be responsible for maintaining excellent standards of customer service whilst ensuring full compliancy to our Health & Safety procedures.
Main Responsibilities and duties include:
- Support the Head of Business Operations with the day to day running of High Rise and deputise in their absence
- Ensure all policies, procedures and regulatory requirements are implemented and complied with at all times
- Lead by example, ensuring customers receive an exceptional level of experience with excellent standards of customer service at all times
- Be one of the Designated Responsible Persons – person in charge for any emergency situation including First Aid Appointed Person and Fire Warden
- Assist in the implementation and regular review of standard operating procedures
- Responsible foropening / closing procedures, cash handling responsibilities as required
- Lead by example in maintaining excellent standards in the presentation of the centre, ensuring that all cleaning routines are carried out, whilst being reactive to situations as they arise
- Ensure the centre is a safe and welcoming environment for all and complies with all relevant Health and Safety legislation, Child Protection and Vulnerable Adults guidelines and best practice
- Assist with training and supervising all new staff with the support of HR.
- Monitor daily workload of team members to ensure quality, consistency and accuracy of responses to and interaction with customers, ensuring all team members are performing to agreed standards and targets
- Participate in regular staff training and development activities on company services, operating systems, processes and procedures and contribute to same
- Comply with the organisation’s Key Holder Roles and Responsibilities policy
- Represent the centre and Employers For Childcare at external meetings and events
- Comply with the organisation’s Security & Confidentiality policy at all times, ensuring the highest levels of information security, data protection and confidentiality
- Undertake any other duties of a similar nature related to this post that may be required from time-to-time
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
The Personnel Specification shows essential and desirable skills, abilities, knowledge and/or qualifications required to be able to carry out the duties of this post. Please therefore address, in completing the application form, each criterion listed in the specification, drawing upon all of your experience, whether at work or on a voluntary basis.
Job Title: Duty Manager
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum of 1 years’ experience gained during the last 5 years to include in a relevant management role
- Leading and motivating a team
- Experience working in a direct service environment
- Sales and marketing experience including managing social media in a work-related capacity
- First Aid at Work Certificate
Skills, Aptitude, Qualities and Behaviours
- Exceptional customer service and engagement skills
- Excellent administrative and cash management skills
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- An outgoing and enthusiastic personality with the ability to provide effective leadership and motivate staff
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently using initiative to prioritise work and manage deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced leisure setting
- Strong analytical, organisational and planning skills with the ability to problem solved.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to engage with a wide range of people both internally and externally, articulating key points clearly and proactively to promote our services to a wide-ranging audience
- Ability to build constructive working relationships with colleagues, clients and partner organisations
- Strong team player with the ability and mindset to work with colleagues to jointly achieve organisational objectives
- Willingness to be flexible and take on other duties in the centre
Knowledge and Understanding
- An understanding of the work and vision of Employers For Childcare
- This post is subject to a basic criminal record disclosure check which will be applied for through AccessNI
- You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work
Working at High Rise
Working at High Rise is busy, lively and active, and we expect high standards from our team so we can offer the very best customer service to our valued guests of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. In return we offer a competitive salary together with a wide range of benefits including generous staff discount, free uniform and parking, sociable hours and the opportunity for training, personal and professional development and career progression.
Please note this position will remain open until the position has been filled.
To apply (send your CV), please click here.