Job title: Duty Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Contracted hours: 16-27 hours per week
Working pattern: Friday, Saturday and Sunday or Saturday and Sunday
Remuneration: £13.50 per hour
The Duty Manager will play a key role in the day to day running of High Rise, working alongside the Operations Director to manage the staff team and deliver an exceptional service to our guests. They must be able to work on a rota basis including evenings, weekends, bank/public holidays and be flexible to meet business needs.
Main responsibilities and duties include:
- Acting as a keyholder and opening and closing the centre
- Leading by example to ensure guests receive exceptional customer service and enjoy their visit to High Rise
- Following and implementing all centre procedures including in relation to health and safety, stock control, cleaning
- Assisting with staff planning and management
- Participating in regular staff training and development activities
- Undertake any other duties of a similar nature related to this post that may be required from time-to-time
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum of 1 years’ experience gained during the last 5 years to include:
- Relevant experience working at supervisor level within any of the key aspects of the business – climbing walls, soft play, café, sensory rooms
- Leading and motivating a team
- First Aid at Work Certificate
Skills, Aptitude, Qualities and Behaviours
- Exceptional customer service and engagement skills.
- An outgoing and enthusiastic personality with the ability to provide effective leadership and motivate staff.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced leisure setting.
- Strong team player with the ability and mindset to work with colleagues to jointly achieve organisational objectives.
- Willingness to be flexible and take on other duties in the centre.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Knowledge of relevant legislation that will impact on service delivery including disability/accessibility requirements
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation
- Ability to work flexible, unsocial hours and to travel throughout Northern Ireland, UK and elsewhere at times demanded by the job
- This post is subject to a basic criminal record disclosure check which will be applied for through AccessNI
- You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work
Working at High Rise
Working at High Rise is busy, lively and fun – we have a great staff team who just love meeting our guests and delivering the very best in customer service. Joining the High Rise team, you’ll benefit from a competitive salary together with a wide range of benefits including generous staff discount, free uniform and parking and sociable hours. Opportunities available for career and personal development.
To apply for this role please click here.