Deputy Playgroup Leader
We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Playgroup Leader for Little Rainbows Playgroup based in Newtownards.
Work Time: 18 hours per week, Tuesday-Friday
Salary: To be discussed
Roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting the Playgroup Leader with the management and day-to-day running of the Playgroup
- To ensure safe, stimulating play in a safe, caring and welcoming environment for children and their families in line with Department of Health Minimum Standards
- Contributing to short and medium-term planning for the Playgroup and develop play-based activities appropriate for children aged 2 years 10 months – 4 years
- The assessment, monitoring and recording of individual children’s development
- To help develop the Playgroup in terms of reputation and growth.
- Applicants must be aged 18 and over
- A relevant childcare qualification at QCF level 5 (Diploma in Childcare, Learning and Development (Management) or equivalent (or working towards)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with children in an early years setting in a paid capacity, in accordance with the Minimum Standards
- Experience as a Deputy Leader or in a managerial role
- Safeguarding / Designated Officer training
- Experience of observation, planning and record keeping
- First Aid training
- Food hygiene training
Please refer to the job description and personnel specification for full details
This role is subject to an enhanced background check and fit persons assessment (Access NI and Social Services) and two current references will be needed (one of which should be from a present or past employer).
Little Rainbows Playgroup is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all children and families and works in accordance with all relevant legislation.
The Playgroup will appoint the best person for each job and will treat fairly all applicants for the jobs and all those appointed. Commitment to implementing the group’s Equal Opportunities Policy will form part of the job description for all workers.
For an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or download from this page (top right).
Completed applications should be returned by 12 noon on Friday 1 October 2021. Applications can be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org