Catering and Hospitality Manager
Job title: Catering and Hospitality Manager
Reporting to: Operations Director
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: Minimum 25 hours per week (Thursday-Sunday or Friday-Sunday)
Salary: £15 per hour
High Rise is a 10,000 sq ft indoor adventure centre in Lisburn incorporating a Clip ‘n Climb climbing arena, soft play, corporate facilities, sensory rooms, party rooms and a cafe. The Catering and Hospitality Manager will be an experienced professional who will have responsibility for all aspects of catering and for leading a small staff team. This will ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene both in working methods and personal hygiene, the smooth running of the kitchen and café, catering for corporate events and ensuring parties are memorable moments for our youngest guests. This is customer facing role and a high level of customer service is always required. The role involves working weekend hours and occasional evenings.
Joining the High Rise team, you’ll benefit from a competitive salary together with a wide range of benefits including generous staff discount, free uniform and parking, sociable hours and the opportunity for training, personal and professional development and career progression.
Catering and hospitality management
- Oversee day to day operation of the café and kitchen ensuring a high level of customer service is always maintained
- Plan and implement a varied cost-effective menu taking into consideration dietary requirements and quality standards
- Monitor food production ensuring consistency in quality and uniform portion size
- Ensure adherence to all relevant hygiene, Health & Safety procedures/Safe Working Practice H.A.C.C.P. and C.O.S.H.H
- Ensure correct procedures are followed for tills and cash handling in line with company procedures
- Ensure staff can prepare and serve quality hot food and drinks
- Assist to prepare orders and with the preparation of party meals as required
- Assist in managing corporate and other events as required including set ups, dismantle and/or store equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures and health and safety obligations
- Ensure all hygiene food and safety standards are met across the business
- Maintain stock level in line with business and order as required
- Ensure wastage is kept to a minimum and recorded
- Present a professional appearance and attitude always maintaining an excellent standard of customer service
- Maintain high standards in the cleanliness and presentation of all areas, ensuring a quality visitor experience is consistently achieved
- Deal effectively with any customer issues, concerns, or complaints and escalate if appropriate, reviewing feedback to inform improvements
- Work with management colleagues to provide relevant staff development and training, and monitor staff performance.
- Work with management colleagues to review and improve policies, procedures, and systems and report any maintenance issues immediately
- Ensure full compliance with Health and Safety requirements and legislation, first aid and operating procedures, in accordance with the centre policies and procedures
- Identify potential hazards, log and report all incidents/accidents in accordance with reporting procedures
- Comply with the organisation’s Key Holder Roles and Responsibilities policy
- Comply with the organisation’s Security & Confidentiality policy, ensuring the highest levels of information security, data protection and confidentiality
- Undertake any other reasonable duties appropriate to the achievement of the organisation’s aims and objectives.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
The Personnel Specification shows essential and desirable skills, abilities, knowledge and/or qualifications required to be able to carry out the duties of this post.
|Qualifications and Experience||Catering qualification
Minimum of 2 years’ recent experience in a similar role in catering or hospitality
Previous experience of stock control, ordering, and waste management systems
|Knowledge and Understanding||Knowledge of food safety and hygiene
Good knowledge of food production methods and procedures
Knowledge of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
Knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation that will impact on service delivery
|Skills, Aptitudes, Qualities and Behaviours||Confident working with the members of the public and able to deal with challenging behaviour
Good interpersonal skills with strong leadership traits
Ability to motivate, develop and coordinate staff in a pressurised environment
Possess a positive ‘Can Do’ attitude and an outgoing, enthusiastic and friendly manner
Able to demonstrate initiative and work unsupervised, with good organisational skills and ability to prioritise and multi task
Willingness to be flexible and take on other duties in the centre as required
|Special Circumstances||Flexible with the ability to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This post is subject to a basic criminal record disclosure check. This will be applied for through AccessNI.
You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work.