Baby Room Supervisor
Due to expansion and the opening of another room we are delighted to be recruiting a Baby Room Supervisor on behalf of our client based in Larne.
Work Time: Full time (Monday to Friday)
Salary: To be discussed
Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children placed in the Day Nursery.
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Manager and to give support to other personnel within the Day Nursery.
- To adhere and enforce all policies and procedures in the Day Nursery
- To assist the Manager and deputise in their absence.
- Risk assess all aspects of the Nursery to ensure a safe environment for staff, students, volunteers and children.
- Aged 18 and over.
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Childcare & Education or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 1 years experience working within a childcare setting.
- Experience working with babies.
- Have a warm and smiling face that makes every child feel special.
- Having the ability to sing in tune is not necessary; however, the ability to sing out of tune in front of a crowd is essential.
- Be able to distribute warm hugs as required.
- Possess the skills required to rapidly count the heads of numerous small moving people.
- Be a good communicator who feels comfortable telling everyone in the same room as them that they are going to the toilet.
- Be comfortable entering public places on the way home from work, with unknown substances on your clothing.
- Be great at pretending to eat play dough creations realistically, and that of drinking numerous cups of pretend tea.
- Have the ability to read a 10 page fairy tale, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page.
- Have a flexible attitude to work.
- Be a team worker.
- Be motivated and inspirational.
- (Finally) be prepared to feel loved, special, and important to many young children and their families.
- A valid driving license.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate.
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate.
- Safe Guarding Training.
- Willing to complete your Level 5 Qualification.
Completed applications should be returned by 12noon on Friday 23 March 2018.
Interviews will be in held in Larne on Tuesday 27 March 2018.
Applications can be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to:
Employers For Childcare
Blaris Industrial Estate
11 Altona Road