Work Time: Monday -Friday
Salary: To be discussed
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage day to day running of the nursery to the highest standard of care and education.
- To assist Management and deputise in their absence.
- To adhere, enforce, update and create policies and procedures in Inkpots Day Nursery
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children placed in Inkpots Day Nursery.
- Ensure health and safety of children and all people who use the nursery whilst keeping to ratio at all times.
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated by Management and to give support to other personnel within Inkpots Day Nursery.
- Assist management in annual inspections from Northern Health and Social Care Trust, Health and Safety Officers and Environmental Health and implement recommendations.
- Recruit, induct, support, train and appraise staff to ensure delivery of high quality practice.
- Develop open and positive working relationships with all staff.
- Work closely with and seek advice from HR regarding all staffing aspects including disciplinary, grievances and investigations
- In conjunction with Management, formulate, operate and evaluate a yearly programme of activities, following the guidelines of the National Curriculum, that is suitable to the age range of the children.
- Liaise with and support parents/main carers and other family members.
- Liaise with the Local Authority and other professionals associated with the Nursery
- Risk Assess all aspects of Inkpots to ensure a safe environment for staff, students, volunteers and children.
- To assist Management in promoting Equal Opportunities throughout the Day Nursery.
- Aged 18 and over
- A minimum of NVQ Level 5 or higher (or working towards) in Childcare & Education or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 2 years experience in Supervising staff.
- Experience working with children of all ages.
- Have experience working in a day care or similar setting.
- Experience carrying out managerial tasks
- A valid driving license
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Safe Guarding Officer Training
- Eager to progress in the Childcare Industry.
We are also looking for someone that:
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
- An in depth knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of key legislation related to childcare and education
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A positive attitude, good initiative, confident and approachable
- Be confident working with all age groups of children
- Have the ability and patience to deal with a temperamental printer J
To apply and for further details call Kelly-Lee or Lauren on 02828277809 between 8am and 5pm/ Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and we will get back to you.