Assistant (After School and Holiday Club)
15 hours per week
(Children in Session 3.00pm – 6.00pm After Schools Club daily)
20 hours – 40 hours per week (Flexible)
(Children in session 8.00am -6.00pm daily)
Salary: £6.50 to £8.50 per hour
Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure the provision offers a safe and stimulating play environment in which children are able to play freely.
- To assist with the collection of children from schools.
- To administer first aid as appropriate.
- To carry out some light domestic duties.
- To attend any relevant training.
- To assist the Leader in the provision of out of school care at Kids Play Den.
- To deliver and exceed the minimum standard requirements for out of school care provision.
- To support other staff in the delivery of play opportunities for the children/ maintaining the play areas.
- To provide afternoon snack/ meals.
- To facilitate quiet time activities & supervision of homework.
- To set up, maintain and develop the play areas available to a level which meets the play opportunities required for the children.
- To attend & contribute to monthly Management meetings.
- To undertake any other duties suitable to such a post as required
- Aged 18 and over
- Driver and access to car
- NVQ Level 3 in Childcare/Play work or equivalent. Experience of working with children age 4-11 years
- First Aid Certificate
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Qualified to drive group mini-bus
- Storytelling, sports and creative skills
You will need to be someone who is creative and passionate about all aspects of childcare, and able to bring new ideas to the role. You will need to have a caring and dynamic approach towards childcare
Interested applicants should forward their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to:
Employers For Childcare
Blaris Industrial Estate
11 Altona Road
The closing date for receipt of CVs is Monday 22 October.