Work Time: 30+ term time and 40 hours during holidays/ exceptional school closures.
Salary: To be discussed
Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children placed in the Day Nursery.
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Manager and to give support to other personnel within the Day Nursery.
- To adhere and enforce all policies and procedures in the Day Nursery
- To assist the Manager and deputise in their absence.
- Risk Assess all aspects of the Nursery to ensure a safe environment for staff, students, volunteers and children
- Review and maintain sufficient supplies and resources within the setting.
- Be willing to carry out a driving assessment with an advanced driving instructor before collecting our children from school (If you possess a clean driving license and are over the age of 25).
- Aged 18 and over
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Childcare & Education or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 2 years experience working within a childcare setting
- Experience working with the Afterschool age group.
- A valid driving license
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Safe Guarding Training
- Willing to complete your Level 5 Qualification
We are also looking for the following……
- Have a warm and smiling face that makes every child feel special
- Have a child led, playwork approach to Afterschool Planning. Including observation and reflection of practice.
- Have the understanding that art work is about the ‘process’ rather that the ‘product’.
- Create a rich and inviting play environment for all children in your care.
- Have great patience to help children create solutions to the their problems through conflict resolution.
- Not be afraid to embrace the outdoors regardless of the weather and be responsible for including exciting outdoor play and learning opportunities daily.
- Have the ability to plan a fun and exciting summer scheme for 7 weeks of the summer for 4-11 year olds with lots of variety. This will be planned in advance with all trips, risk assessments and resources organised in advance to allow the summer to run as smoothly as possible.
- Develop strong relationships with the schools we work closely with.
- Work in partnership with our parents ensuring high levels of customer service at all times.
- Have a flexible attitude to work
- Be a team Worker.
- Be motivated, energetic, creative and inspirational.
- Give a consistent high level of care.
- (and finally) be prepared to feel loved, special, and important to many young children and their families.
Completed applications should be returned by 12noon on Friday 18 May 2018.
Interviews will be in held in Larne w/c 21st May
Applications can be returned by email to email@example.com or posted to:
Employers For Childcare
Blaris Industrial Estate
11 Altona Road