Afterschool Club Assistant
On behalf of Strathearn School based in Belfast we are seeking to recruit an Afterschool Club Assistant for term time work.
Work Time: Monday- Friday 1.45pm-6pm
Salary: £9.50-£10.09 per hour depending on experience. This is equivalent to £8,700-£9,232 per annum
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing assistance for the Penrhyn Afterschool Programme of Wraparound Care
- Helping the Co-ordinator in delivering a stimulating and diverse daily programme, providing positive experiences and interactions for all pupils attending
- Assisting in the changeover/handover times between school finishing and Afterschool Club starting.
- Helping in the ordering and maintaining of equipment and resources in conjunction with the Co-ordinator
- Maintaining accurate records of pupil and staff attendances at Afterschool Club
- Assisting the Co-ordinator and other school staff to ensure smooth delivery of the Afterschool Club programme
- Supervising food distribution during the course of the Afterschool Club
- Providing accurate and complete records of attendances, monies spent and any incidents occurring during the programme, as required
- Administering First Aid as necessary and within the remit of the School Policy on First Aid
- Tidying up rooms used once all children have been picked up
- Attending relevant in-service training as required.
Please refer to the job description for full details.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs including English and Mathematics
- Knowledge and practical understanding of pupils’ development and parenting
- Previous experience of working in a day nursery or similar setting, in a voluntary or paid capacity within the last three years
- Good attendance record
- Practically orientated
- Good level of communication skills
- Good level of interpersonal skills
- Effective organisational skills
- Can demonstrate a level of flexibility in relation to duties
- Caring and sensitive towards the needs of children.
- An NVQ 3 qualification in Childcare, Learning & Development or Playwork, or relevant equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations relating to day care for young children and the inspections process for approval of day care settings
- Experience of working with primary school age children and an understanding of play and child development and the ability to meet children’s individual needs
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate
- Hold a current Food Hygiene Certificate
- Previous experience of working in or managing an extra-curricular programme in a school or similar setting.
Any of the above criteria may be enhanced to produce a manageable shortlist.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed as soon as possible after the closing date, with interviews scheduled shortly after.
Immediate start available (pending satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks).
The NI Local Government Officers’ Superannuation Scheme applies.
Please note the successful applicant will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Disclosure.
For an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org, download from our website (top right of this page) or telephone 028 9267 8200 (Option 4)
Completed applications should be returned by 5.00pm on Wednesday 17 November 2021. Applications can be returned by email to email@example.com or posted to:
Employers For Childcare
Blaris Industrial Estate
11 Altona Road