Child Protection & Safeguarding
10th June | 9:30 am - 4:30 pmPrice: £70
This course provides childcarers with an introduction to issues involved in safeguarding children. In addition the course enables childcarers to identify good practice, look at how to keep children safe and detect and report any concerns around possible child abuse.
The course covers the following areas:
- Awareness of child protection issues
- An overview of the legal and policy context
- Statistics on abuse and abusers
- Causes of abuse
- Procedures for recording and reporting concerns
- Identifying support available
- Ensuring the safe management of activities
- Risk assessment
- Key elements of a Code of Behaviour for Staff
During this course you will learn:
- About the issues involved with safeguarding children
- How to keep children safe and identify available support
- How to report any concerns around child abuse
The workshop is a 6 hour course and lunch is provided. The course costs £70 per participant. *The course is discounted to £50 for Childcare Temps who successfully completed the recruitment process with Employers For Childcare. Please call (028) 9267 8200 to request a coupon code to receive your discount online.
Book your place below or call 0800 028 3008 or get in touch for more information.