Be successful at your interview
We know the process of applying for any job can be stressful and interviews can be daunting. Employers For Childcare want to ensure our process is as easy and stress free as possible for applicants so you have the best chance of success. We recommend reading the following information to prepare for your interview.
What to bring
We require the following documentation:
- Health and Social Care Trust consent form
- Health declaration (GP medical form)
- Two relevant references on headed paper/ company stamped or contact details for two referees
- Qualification certificate
- Paediatric First Aid Level 3 (12 hours) certificate (if completed at the time of interview)
- Child Protection certificate (if completed at the time of interview)
- Letter of good conduct – Any applicants who have lived outside the UK for more than 6 months within the past 5 years must also provide a letter of good conduct from the country in which they resided in.
- ID documents (Driving licence, Passport, Birth Certificate, Marriage/Divorce Certificate, proof of address (dated last 3 months)
We interview twice weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays. A member of our HR team will be in touch about arranging an interview time if your application is successful. If either of these days do not suit, we can be flexible to suit your availability for interview. Interviews will last no longer than 30 minutes but we suggest you leave yourself at least 1 hour so that we can answer any questions you may have for us.
Listed below are some sample interview questions:
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Do you have any experience of working with children? Can you tell me about it?
- Can you tell me about your last job that involved working with children?
- What activities would you encourage for children?
Your interview will also provide you with an opportunity to ask us any questions you may have about our recruitment process or the childcare role you are applying for.