Employers For Childcare is recruiting for a full-time HR Officer to join our HR team and provide support across a number of core HR activities including recruitment, absence management and employee relations. They will support the HR Manager on a day to day basis and help to provide a comprehensive and efficient HR service to the management and staff of Employers For Childcare and High Rise. With the support of the HR Manager they will ensure the organisation has an appropriately skilled workforce supported by relevant policies and procedures which are compliant with legislation and in line with best practice.
Main responsibilities and duties
- Responsible for all aspects of the recruitment process from vacancy notification to induction with new employees.
- Collate and record employee absence information including annual leave, TOIL, sick absence, return to work meetings and report to management.
- Ensure that accurate, adequate and up-to-date personnel information is maintained on all computerised and manual systems and is made available as required.
- Responsible for providing an effective advisory service to both managers and staff relating to all personnel issues.
- Act as a central point of contact for internal and external queries.
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures in line with best practice to meet the needs of the organisation and ensure the promotion of good employee relations.
- Support line managers with the monitoring of probationary period for new employees and provide appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Act as note-taker at staff meetings.
- Assist other members of the HR team to ensure that all staff related paperwork is actioned and recorded, providing administrative support when required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties appropriate to the achievement of the organisation’s goals and targets.
- Comply with the organisation’s Security & Confidentiality policy at all times, ensuring the highest levels of information security, data protection and confidentiality.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant 3rd level qualification relating to HR Management, Learning and Development or Business Studies.
- A minimum of 2 years recent HR generalist experience, preferably gained within a similar role within a customer facing industry e.g. hospitality, retail, leisure.
- Minimum of 1 years’ recent experience of recruitment and selection from start to finish.
Skills and aptitude
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels.
- Excellent administrative skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent IT skills/experience of using a variety of computer software packages and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills and ability to juggle differing priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to build constructive working relationships with staff, colleagues and clients.
- Tactful and empathetic when approaching employee relation issues with a high level of discretion and professionalism.
- A proactive, positive approach to work with ability to work on own initiative
Knowledge and understanding
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles, policies and practices.
- Understand the need for confidentiality and demonstrate experience in dealing with confidential matters.
- Excellent knowledge of current and pending Northern Ireland employment legislation and best practice.
- Full driving licence and access to a car for work purposes.
- Ability to travel throughout Northern Ireland, UK and elsewhere at times demanded by the job.
- This post is subject to a basic criminal record disclosure check. This will be applied for through AccessNI.
- This role operates on a Monday to Friday basis from 9am to 5pm, however all candidates must be flexible and prepared to work occasional evening or weekend hours when required.
- Due to business requirements, this role will be office based 4/5 days with 1 day per week working from home after probationary period.
We reserve the right to enhance criteria at shortlisting stage.
Why join us?
- Award winning organisation including Northern Ireland Social Enterprise of the Year 2019
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Tailored learning and development plan
- Employer pension contributions
- Flexible hybrid working available
- Health cash plan to help with costs such as dental and optician visits etc
- Social events throughout the year
- Generous holiday allowance
- Time Off In Lieu (TOIL) for additional hours worked
- Free onsite car parking and tea/coffee
Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities Statement
Employers For Childcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as men are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from men. All appointments will be made on merit.
To apply for this post, please submit your CV here.