Job Title: Accountant
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Contracted hours: Minimum 15hrs pw
Contract type: Permanent – either employed directly or on a self-employed basis
The Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of the company accounts for the current operations and for new and emerging business divisions. They will work closely with the Senior Management Team and support the Chief Executive in financial analysis for strategic decision-making purposes.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts including full reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts within a tight time frame and provide insightful analysis and commentary on variances.
- Responsible for financial accounting activities including profit and loss, financial analysis, journal entries.
- Prepare management reports on a regular and ad hoc basis to support proposed strategic decisions.
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasting.
- Prepare financial analysis for presentation to quarterly board meetings.
- Assist with year-end audit and liaising with auditors.
- Provide high level support for day to day financial operations
- Comply with the organisation’s Security & Confidentiality policy at all times, ensuring the highest levels of information security, data protection and confidentiality.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
The Personnel Specification shows essential skills, abilities, knowledge and/or qualifications required to be able to carry out the duties of this post.
Job Title: Accountant
|Qualifications and Experience||· Applicants must be fully qualified accountants
· Minimum 3 years’ post-qualification experience including:
– accounting experience with a commercial element
– experience of producing and presenting robust financial projections with integrated profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements
– Board level reporting and provision of commentary to support decision making
· Experience of accountancy and payroll software.
Skills and Aptitudes
|· Strong personal integrity.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to advise staff at all levels.
· Strategic outlook and forward thinking approach.
· Excellent commercial focus with the capability of applying focus to innovate and solve problems in order to achieve results.
· Excellent organisational skills including ability to prioritise workload and work to strict deadlines.
· Excellent administration and IT skills particularly with MS Office
· Excellent analytical skills and the ability to communicate financial performance of a business to non-financial people
|Special Circumstance||· Full driving licence and access to a car.
· This post is subject to enhanced criminal record disclosure checks and security vetting.
· All candidates must evidence an existing right to work in the UK.
To apply for this role, please click here